Day off and no time to spare

09 November 2006
Steve took the day off today, but you know where he's at. Anyone want to guess?


Well, you'd be right if you said Fort Leonard Wood, but he's not working.


You see, when he was medically discharged from the Army 2 years ago, he was made a 20 point vet. We thought "yeah, this is great". Well, he met with a VA counselor and the guy told him that he should be at least a 30 point (should get 10 for each surgery and he had 3). So, he appealed last year and just a couple weeks ago, we got a letter from the VA saying that the appeal was denied. We were going to fight it, but it could be years, so we said forget it.


Then a week or so later, we were eating at MickDs and discussing what we would do with $5 million. After we got home that evening, we checked the mail and in it was a letter from the VA saying that he had been granted the 30% and in turn would get all the back pay from the time he got out until now, plus a little extra money every month.


We couldn't help but think about God's timing. Once again, He came through, which is no surprise. He always does. He's always been faithful to us, as long as we remain faithful to him. And we've decided that since we've been living without the extra money, it's been very difficult, but we've managed, we're going to give it all back to him. And we know that God will get us through.


So, that brings me back to Steve. He's at the VA office (I'll explain what for if we manage to get what we're going for). When he gets home, the kids and I have to leave for our last day of co-op. Christian is having a party and he's really looking forward to it. I'm looking forward to seeing his folder of everything he's done this year. My last day in the nursery and I'm actually thinking about doing it again next semester. It's easier for me to go in there then it is for me to go to a class with Eliana. I'm not leaving her in the nursery without me, so the only solution would be to volunteer to work the nursery.


Before we get out of school, Steve has to leave for his classes which mean I won't see him until 10pm or so.


After school, I have to hurry up and come home, feed the kiddos and then turn around and leave for my ball games at 6:30 and 8. Then I have to get home and hurry the boys to bed because it's Thursday and my show is on! More than likely, it'll start taping so I'll have to wait until 10 to watch it, by then Steve will be home and will want to visit. I guess I'll just have to wait until he goes to sleep to watch my show, unless he wants to watch it too.


Good thing Steve is off tomorrow (veteran's day observed).


I'm sleeping in!
9:13 AM :: ::
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

RFamily :: permalink