It was bound to happen!

23 October 2006
Just for the record, I'm skipping the month of October from now on! Just like the movie "Click", I'm fast-forwarding through October. I'll go to bed September 30th and wake-up Nov. 1st. Just in time for the holidays.


And here is why I'm skipping October...


October 2. 2002, Christian fell and busted his chin which landed us in the E.R. Thank God they just glued him up and sent us home.


October 29, 2005 we ended up in the E.R. because a 9 year old boy tripped and fell on Christian and broke his radius and ulna (both bones from his elbow to his wrist). With that visit, he was given some I.V. medicine which knocked him out and allowed the doctor to set his arm and cast it.


October 22, 2006 saw us in the E.R. again with Christian, this time we were thinking it was his appendix. You want to know what the diagnosis was...drum roll please...RESTRICTED AIRWAY DISEASE. A fancy word for asthma. Which Steve and I both believe is a bunch of crap! I asked the respitory therapsit if it was possible for him to be wheezing because he had a cold and she said yes. I'm not going to go into the entire ordeal (about 6 hours worth), but after a bunch of test they said his appendix was fine.


Christian runs all the time and he's never had a problem with his breathing. Therefore, we are not going to take him to his doctor unless he starts showing signs that he's having a hard time breathing. And because he's with me 24/7, I'll notice.


And pretty much everyone knows that I do not want my daughter growing up on me. Well, she's gone and done it. She's officially a "bi-ped". She's been walking around our house for quite some time, but she now has the confidence to venture out on her own when we're out of her comfort zone.


And we have Aunt Tracie to blame. My friend Tracie and one of her daughters watched my children so Steve and I could go out on a date. She had all kinds of things planned for them so I knew they would have a great time. I didn't "worry" about them, but after 2 hours, I was ready to go get them.


And although I'm not ready for her to grow-up, she looks so stinkin' cute walking around. And, what makes her different from the boys when they started walking (besides her being my oldest to start walking), she loves carrying things around when she's walking. It doesn't matter what it is, but she always has something.


But, whatever you say, the "T" word is off limits!


And I can finally announce that Tracie is the one who is taking over the children's department. Aside from Rob, who has a remarkable calling for children's ministry, I can't think of a better person to take over. Tracie will do a great job and I look forward to working with her and doing a lot more with the kids than I have this past year.
1:39 PM :: ::
4 Comments:
  • Actually, Dad was the one who told me that.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:54 AM  
  • Glad Christian's OK....October just doesn't seem to be your month :). Love you, me

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:59 AM  
  • Well what fun would it be if all that stuff didn't happen. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:49 AM  
  • Oh and..... I get that restricted airway thing when I have bronchitis, or a really bad cold, some days when I'm sick requires an atemizer(sp), others I deal with the problems of breathing. Mom had this problem as well. So I guess that could be a possibility as well?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:59 PM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

RFamily :: permalink