Sleepless Weekend

24 September 2006

My baby boy turned 4 on Thursday. We did cupcakes and sang to him on Wednesday night in his Rainbow class. When we got home, we let him open presents since daddy was going to be gone at work and school. On Thursday, I asked him what he wanted for his birthday breakfast and he said "pancakes with candles in them". He asked if I could color them for him, so he ended up with "candy apple" pancakes. Green...his faovrite color! The above picture was when Christian and I were singing Happy Birthday to him before he got to eat his cupcake and ice-cream. The picture below is his birthday breakfast.



Everyone in my family has had their sleep routines messed up all weekend. Although I survived my missionettes sleepover, I did not get much sleep. And although I had a migraine and felt sick yesterday morning, I survived it. I'm in no hurry to do it again next year though! But, I did learn some valuable lessons which I will use to plan next years sleepover. Zachary went to sleep about midnight and Eliana went to sleep about 11:30 (was not for a lack of trying). It was a girl party and she wanted to be a part of it. The girls had a lot of fun and that's who I did it for!




Steve didn't get much sleep because I was gone.

Christian spent the night with his good friends, Charlie, Chris & Cody. They stayed up until about 11pm. They had so much fun that yesterday morning when I talked to them, they begged to keep him again and they would bring him to church with them this morning. We went out to pick him up and they begged some more to keep him, but this time, Zachary started in. So, after a lot of talking, a lot of history stuff, show & tell, football game (should have seen me dive for the first down...ruined a pair of good jeans), joking around and a lot of fun, we gave in and let both boys stay the night. They stayed up until 11 or so last night, so I know they are exhausted! Also, we had planned on doing something with Zachary for his birthday yesterday, but because he wanted to play with the boys, Waunita (the boys' mom) made Zachary a birthday cake and sang happy birthday to him. It was so sweet of her to do that for my boy! But, that is how this family is. They are very special people. And it's also nice to know that they are a strong Christian family (not only the parents who walk the walk and talk the talk, but all 3 boys do to...very rare!!) who doesn't allow junk into their homes. So, I know that when my boys are over there, they won't be getting junk that is not allowed in our home as well!


I hope they sleep in tomorrow morning!

So, what did we do with no boys for the night? Went to bed early! Some partyers we are. LOL. We were so tired, we just went to bed and got to sleep in this morning!

Today at church our children's director (she's not a pastor) was talking about servants and before she got into her message, she had me and my friend Tracie come up to the front. She said that we don't have to help in the back, but we're faithful every week to help out with kidz church. We're doing what God has called us to do. And then she presented both of us with a beautiful frame that says "Serving the Lord" with a picture of all my kids in kidz church. It had us teary eyed. It was so sweet and so unexpected! It's definitely something I'll treasure forever!


So, I think that's all for what has been going on for the last few days.



But before I go, I want to leave you with one important announcement...


I'll be the big 3-0 on Friday! Woo-hoo!!!
9:06 PM :: ::
4 Comments:
  • Happy Birthday again to Mr. Z.

    He he he, only 4 more days you will be as old as me. OLD!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:36 AM  
  • Happy (early) Birthday again, Steph. Love you, me

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:10 PM  
  • Happy Birthday Stephanie!!!!! All the way from Germany!!!

    By Blogger Seriousness Gone, at 11:14 AM  
  • Happy (late, late) Birthday!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:29 PM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

RFamily :: permalink