1st day out of the way!

24 August 2006
It was a bit crazy this afternoon! I suddenly felt like "the new kid on the block". I really don't like that feeling. I had no clue where I was going, what I was supposed to do. All I knew was what classes the boys had and where I was supposed to be. So, I had to ask. A lady pointed me in the right direction and off we went.


Christian did just fine going into his classes. I didn't worry about him too much. I made sure he got a seat and then we headed down to the preschool class. That was a NIGHTMARE!!! There were 5-6 ladies at any given time and I had no clue who was the teacher or the assistant. Come to find out, there were only 11 kids who were signed up and supposed to be in the class and there ended up being around 20, if not more. What made it worse is that the teacher brought 6 of her grandchildren in the class and they were not signed up and on the list. That made it even more chaotic! I heard one of the panel members talking and she's not happy about it and is planning on saying something. So, we'll see. I had to stay in the class with Zachary. He would not leave me, except towards the end when he got to be part of "tea party" and got apple juice and teddy grahams. Of course, it was food, so no surprise there. But, when I had to do my time in the nursery, he came with me.


One thing that really got me was the fact that when I came out of the nursery and went to get Christian, he was not in his class. No one was in there. I was not happy. I eventually found him, sitting BY HIMSELF at a table. Hello...where's the teacher?!??! I understand that they may have to get to another class to teach, but under no circumstances should a child be left alone! I'm going to have to talk to my friend who takes over the nursery for the 3rd hour and let her know that as soon as she gets in there, I have to leave. And to top it off, the lady who works with me during 2nd hour was 15-20 minutes late and did not do much at all! A little frustrating!

There are some things that I'd change and other things seem to work well, but being that I'm not in a position to say anything, I'll just keep my mouth shut.

So, we'll see how this semester plays out.
4:43 PM :: ::
4 Comments:
  • Sounds like chaos. How often will you be doing this?

    Any chance anyone else took pictures yesterday?

    By Blogger Land family, at 5:38 PM  
  • Wow, maybe just chalk it up to first day chaos and next time or the time after that things will be smooth and you will like it.

    And wow you're on top of things already deleted me off your links.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:44 PM  
  • The co-op meets 2 times a month. There are 40 new families this semester! I'm sure it won't be so chaotic next time, now that I know what I'm doing. Even with the craziness, I'm glad we went.

    Tif, I hated deleting you, but no point keeping it there when you're no longer blogging. :-(

    By Blogger RFamily, at 11:58 AM  
  • I dont blame ya chick, I would've been upset to if they left my child sittin unattended to!!

    Don't feel bad Tiff, atleast you was a link on her blog!!!

    By Blogger Mommy, at 4:06 PM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

RFamily :: permalink