What a week!

27 July 2006
Steve calls me every afternoon before he leaves work to let me know he's on his way home. Once he does, I know I have about 45 mins before he gets there. Well, he called me about 15 mins before he was due to be home. He called to tell me he had been hit and was taking the backroads home. I'm thinking "oh dear God, not again!" There was a truck 2 up from him and something fell out of it, skipped the car in front of him and did this to his windshield.
Whatever it was did not go all the way through, but it almost did. He called the insurance company when he got home and we were informed that the glass guy wouldn't be able to come until Wednesday between 8 and 12. So, he took my van to work Tuesday. They called him during the day to see if they could change it to between 2 and 4. Ok, fine. Then he calls to see if he could come at 5. Nope, we have church, make it between 2 and 4. He showed up at 2:08 yesterday. Steve had to take the day off which was nice having him around but he's wanting to save as much leave as he can so we can take a vacation at Christmas time. The guy was talking about the accident with us and he said "you're lucky to be alive". I'm telling you, luck had nothing to do with it! There is a reason God is sparing my husbands life! Thank God for that!

Eliana is into making lots of faces and lots of different noises. They are so cute. She has us all crackin' up! I got a couple of her faces but they just don't give you the full effect of it. Her ears are doing very well. She doesn't bother them, they're not red and they're not infected. Let's hope it stays that way! She's walking along furniture now and is even letting go and turning around. So not ready for this!

Ok, I can't get any more pics in, so this will have to do.

Christian is wanting to start school so badly! Zachary is too, but he's not going to do a full blown curriculum. I've got different things to do with him, but when we do history, science and math, he'll probably do it with us. I went through his books yesterday to get an idea of what we're going to be doing and see if there is anything I need to do ahead of time. These are definitely going to be advanced for him. But, he's a smart boy and I don't want him slackin. I've seen how some of the older boys are (some intelligent and some you're like "you don't know that?") and I don't want mine to be the "you don't know that" type. So, next week is our last week of "vacation" and then we're starting school. But things are going to be different this year! I'm excited and can't wait to start.

The boys went and saw the momma and the foal yesterday. First time in a while. The foal was very interested in watching the boys, but always is when the boys are running around in the yard.


I'm still having a lot of pain on my right side. I can't lie on my side without extreme pain. Stretching a certain way is very painful, but for the most part, I can go throughout the day without too many problems. It's when I go to bed at night that I have severe pain. Steve thinks I might have a cracked rib, but I have no idea how that would happen. I told him I'd go to the doc if it's not better in a month. It's been a week an a half, so I have time!

Well, it's off to get ready for the library today. Today is our last library day and then on Monday is the party and the drawings for prizes.

Oh and before I forget, I have a very good friend who is trying out for Deal or No Deal on Saturday night. She gets 30 seconds with the producer. She would be so awesome at this game. Say a prayer for her. With everything that is going on in her life, she needs this! (Love ya girl and you know my prayers go with you!)
7:29 AM :: ::
2 Comments:
  • I thought that was where Steve's head hit! My brother was in an accident in high school and that was what his car looked like. Sorry he's had such a rough time with cars in the last year or so. But very glad that he wasn't injured.

    Lauren's ears are doing well too. I'm sure Eliana's will be fine!

    By Blogger Land family, at 9:41 AM  
  • I called to tell my friend about it and she told me to call her when they took his license away. At least this time it wasn't his fault, even though we still had to pay!

    By Blogger RFamily, at 3:02 PM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

RFamily :: permalink