Our weekend

23 July 2006
Yesterday, we spent the day in Springfield. I bought some some ribbon and clippies. I have enough ribbon to make 4 head bands and and 12 bows. I made it so that the bows clip to the headband or it could clip in her hair. Very versatile! And much cheaper than if I had bought them off line. Maybe not exactly the same quality as a "professional", but I made it for my baby and that's what matters. And, people at church today couldn't tell and were shocked to find out I made them.

Also, my little girl now has her ears pierced and as Christian said "she looks beautiful". She always have, but these just look so cute on her! Before we could get her ears pierced, we had to clean her up. When I say we needed to clean her up, we really needed to have a bath around . But, since we were in the middle of the mall in Claires and there was no bath around, we just had to use a bunch of wipes! I had been waiting for the explosive diaper, it had been a few days. I knew it was coming, I was just hoping that it wouldn't be while we were out. But, she did. She had poop that went all the way up her back. My little girl was naked in Claire's. I apologized to the girl who was piercing her ears (and was nice enough to give us a couple plastic bags for the clean up and when we were leaving, 2 lollipops for the boys). She said that it was ok, Eliana couldn't control when she went and where she was at the time. She cried and stopped breathing (not long), but after about a minute (it really seemed much longer when it was going on) she stopped and has since forgotton all about it. And no, she has not messed with them either.


After getting her ears pierced we went to Pythian Castle. They say it's haunted and that you can see "orbs" in the pics. Steve and I don't believe in ghosts, familiar spirits, yes, but not ghosts. It used to be an orphange, was turned over to the military during WWII and then was vacant for 40 years or so. Went through a couple owners who are the ones who gave us the tour. I much prefer to explore things on my own, but it was nice to get the history of it, especially since it was owned by the army during a war. We got to see where POWs were held, how things were during the orphange time period, etc. Was very neat. Of course, it doesn't compare to the gorgeous castles that I've been to in Europe, but for a stateside one, it was nice. The boys enjoyed being able to explore and even got to go in a tunnel with Daddy. They didn't like it when we had to stop and listen to the lady talk about things. But, for as hot as it was and "bored" as they were, they did excellent! Except, they didn't want to cooperate with me so that I could get some good pictures. The ones that they are in were mostly because I had to either sneak or they walked in by accident not thinking they were going to be in it :)

Hey mom, look what I found in the bathroom at the castle. I had to take a picture for you. This would be a great idea for you!


So, there you have it.
1:37 PM :: ::
5 Comments:
  • Really neat picture of the castle. But who is that beautiful baby????lol The pictures are too adorable. Plus she dosen't even have to try. Your welcome for the help this morning. I will be glad to help anytime, just let me know. We love you guys!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:28 PM  
  • That castle is really pretty. And the pierced ears OMG, way cute. Did you put up pics somewhere else from the castle or is that the only one we get???

    By Blogger Just Me, at 5:38 PM  
  • Those are the only ones for right now. I'll post some more after I've fixed them.

    By Blogger RFamily, at 9:34 PM  
  • Eliana looks precious-the hat picture is of course scrapbook material! I'm glad to hear that she didn't get too upset over the piercing.

    Pretty cool that you have a real castle nearby. It is pretty.

    By Blogger Land family, at 8:31 AM  
  • I lovvvvvvvvvve Castles!! And that one looks way cool, glad yall had fun! Eliana's earrings are to cute!! I remember when we got Kayla's done she did really good with hers she still has them but I cant keep the "buds" in them she has to have her little baby hoops, she's so grown sometimes!

    By Blogger Mommy, at 6:40 PM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

RFamily :: permalink