Migraines, games and the right size!

18 July 2006
Since I last posted, I suffered a bad migraine (not that any of them are ever good), but this lasted 2 days! The worst part about it is that I still have to function as a mom and a housewife. I have to thank McDonalds for providing my family with such a healthy lunch and screwing up the order. By last night, I was able to make Schenken Flenken for dinner and even went out on the riding lawn mower while Steve did other things in the yard.

Then last night I enjoyed a bubble bath thanks to Calgon and "The Diary of A Young Girl: The Anne Frank Story". Thank God that box was given to me cause I would not be happy about wasting my money on it. The box says that it has "longer lasting bubbles". What a load of hog wash!!! I remember when I was younger and my mom would take bubble baths the tub would be covered with bubbles and you could barely see her! Wonder if those bubbles were from Avon since Joyce across the street was a Avon selling guru.

After I got out of the bath, I got to enjoy some ice-cream while Steve enjoyed some Oreo pie that we won at a dessert auction at church on Sunday night. I tried it but wasn't overly fond of it. And then we stayed up talking until midnight. I had to fill him on my phone conversations and some other stuff and since I was pretty much out of it Sunday night, I had to do it last night or I would have forgotten everything! As I laid down to go to sleep, my right side shot pain through my body. I have no idea what I did, but it feels like I've been kicked by a horse. Now, since I haven't been around any horses lately, I know that's not the case. So, my pain remains a mystery. Throughout the day today, when bending or stretching a certain way, my right side reminds me that it doesn't want to move like that and I have to stop. And since I'm very stubborn, I keep on going. I bet I'll pay for it tonight when I stop moving around.

Today, the boys and I had a picnic on the living room floor. It's hotter than h-e-double hockey sticks (as Steve's grandmother would say) and they've been wanting to do a picnic. So, I asked them if that was okay and they loved the idea.

After Eliana woke up from her nap (which she did while I was cleaning the boys' bathroom...and was in her crib standing and talking/singing), the boys wanted her to play in their room. I told them to wait 'cause she just woke up and was probably going to want to eat. While I was feeding her, the boys brought out their bean bag chair and when she was done, Christian put her in it and started pulling her around. At first I told them to stop (I was afraid they were going to dump her out), but when I saw how much fun she was having, I let them continue and of course, grabbed the camera. Then, they both picked up the chair and started swinging it. Christian wanted me to sing "Rock a bye baby", but since I've never really liked that song, I made up my own. Sorry, it's not copyright protected, so I won't be putting the words out here. LOL



I do want to share one interesting fact with you. Yesterday I had to lay down and I made the boys come in my room with me and I put on a movie. Well, Eliana woke up from her nap about an hour into the movie and the boys decided they didn't want to watch any more. That's nothing new. Well, as I was turning everything off, Oprah was on T.V. and she said something about women and bras. I admit this peaked my curiosity when I normally don't watch that garbage. She said that 85% of ALL women are wearing the wrong size bra! Well, I ended up recording the show cause I won't keep it on while the boys are awake. When I tried watching it later, the DVD was all scratched up, so I didn't get to watch everything. But there was one lady who was wearing a 36B and when she got fitted to the right size, she was a 34DD. B to DD...HUGE difference!!! So, make sure your girls are in the right size so they don't start taking a vacation...at your knees!
4:21 PM :: ::
4 Comments:
  • I can't read your comments-they are in white on my Dad's computer.

    Anyway, dang girl hope the migraines and other awful pains are done! How in the world can you take care of 3 like that???? Hope you feel better soon. My girls love picnics too-they don't eat too much but really love doing it

    By Blogger Land family, at 8:57 PM  
  • Too cute, funny about the bra thing, my sister just said something about that for me the other day, but I'm thinking if I am off it's just by a size, not 3 sizes. I hope you feel better.

    By Blogger Just Me, at 11:47 PM  
  • I haven't seen the Oprah thing but I once specifically bought her magazine for that particular article. I still think that bra size depends a lot on the manufacturer, but cups sizes are important. I have also learned that when you look at the band size (the 34, 36, 38 paart) You should try it on with the hooks at the first set. The extra hooks are to use when the bra is getting too stretched out.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:37 AM  
  • Very interesting point Alli. I've heard that before but forgot that too. Guess I need to go bra shopping. The only prob is that nursing bras are so hard to find and we only really have a wal-mart here.

    By Blogger RFamily, at 8:42 AM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

RFamily :: permalink