I've been workin' on the railroad...

11 July 2006
Actually, I feel more like I've been standing on one and been hit by a train! I'm sooooo tired and it's not because Eliana is up at all hours of the night. Once I figured out what it took for her to sleep at night, she's been sleeping great. I may have to get up with her at around 5 or so and then she's up before 7. She's my morning child and I DON'T LIKE IT!!! I guess I better start getting to bed earlier, but night time is my time SANS CHILDREN and I rather enjoy that time. And, I'm still losing weight, so my thyroid isn't acting up again. (Brief history...after Christian was born, I had post-partum hypothyroidism...was extreeeeeeeeeemely tired and gaining weight, while still nursing and barely eating....not the case this time!!!)

I've been working on stuff for my blog to make some major changes. I hope to have them posted soon. The problem is, I work on things for my blog and then I start making other things. I LOVE my picture program.

My children are great. I really need to find a dentist around here. One of Christian's front teeth is dead and I don't know how that plays into the getting permanent teeth factor and all that jazz. Hopefully I'm worried for nothing. Zachary is going to cause me to take stock in a soap company. Can we say att-i-tude? Oh, and he's a door slammer...yep, he's me through and through. I can see that boy losing his door, again, just like me. And I turned out just fine. Eliana is very curious and into everything or should I say, everything goes into her (mouth). So not like the boys. The boys were and still are (and ask the millions of questions to prove it) very curious...a sign of intelligence?!? But, they did not put everything into their mouths like she does. And when I say everything, I mean EVERYTHING!!! I'm constantly watching her to make sure that she doesn't find something she shouldn't.

We went to a birthday party on Saturday. One of the girls that I've had the privilege of getting to know in Kids Church and in Missionettes turned 12. She had a party (Japanese theme) and invited us. I told her parents she invited us just because of the baby, she laughed, but we know it's true. I don't know how many people say to me: "where's my girl?", "how's my baby?" etc...Now, don't get me wrong, there's a few people who I don't mind that from, but come one...teenagers??? What part in the conception, pregnancy and birth of Eliana did they play??? None! Now, if they want to have some claim, if that's what you want to call it, they can say "where's my favorite baby?", "how's my favorite baby?". That'll work. I know people can't help falling in love with her, but....

K, off the rant and back to the party...the boys used chopsticks for the first time. Christian stabbed and Zachary used to hands, but hey, what do you expect from a 6yr old and a 3 yr old who are used to forks? Here's the pics from that...


And one of Eliana from her first time in the pool...


Well, it's library day. Only 3 more library days left of the summer reading program (the 3rd being the party) and then it's just a couple weeks before school starts, for the public school system. I can't wait. I love it when they're in school!!! Sorry, Jen, I know you're dreading it.
8:01 AM :: ::
6 Comments:
  • Okay Steph, where are the pics???
    Can't wait to see them. Kisses for the children. (I hate it when people call them kids. They are not a bunch of billy goats)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:22 AM  
  • I just got home from the library. I'm going to try now. As far as the "kid" thing goes, depends on who you're talking about, they just might be kids, as in the goat. HEHE

    By Blogger RFamily, at 12:21 PM  
  • Love the pics. They are all getting so big!!

    By Blogger Heather Noel, at 3:06 PM  
  • UGH the teeth thing, Good luck with that I have been fighting that battle for years actually all the way back to the twins being about 11mnths, Dalton got into a fight with a baby gate, dont ask, lol but if you lived here I could recommend a great one. As for the question thing, My oldest is the same way!!! Oh god if he asks me 1 question its 30, and he never gets stumped on any possible answer you can give, he stayed with my Mom yesterday and about 2 she called me and said "Rebecca, If Austin asks me one more question then you will get him back with his mouth stapled shut!" lol So I can definatly fill your pain! Now claims on your baby, I am also in the same boat with you, its not just teenagers its EVERYYYYBODY!!!!!!! And no one seems to use Christopher, It always a nickname for him I dont know if they just dont remember his name ( like its hard or something), I can give him a nick name because well I carried him for 9 mnths and he's mine until he's 18 whether he likes it or not! lol Good luck on the mouth and slamming doors, I use your method also and if all else fails I use what the good book says " spoil the rod not the child" lol!

    By Blogger Mommy, at 5:32 PM  
  • Wow didnt realize I wrote a book! lol Sorry for the letter next time Ill email you!

    By Blogger Mommy, at 5:32 PM  
  • Beck...LOL, no prob!

    By Blogger RFamily, at 9:35 PM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

RFamily :: permalink