Pinewood Derby Race

04 February 2006
Last night we had the annual Pinewood Derby Race for Royal Rangers. The kids (and many parents) worked hard to create the best car! The boys had a lot of fun, which was what it was all about. I'm just glad that they don't think like I do cause there are somethings that I think (and some other parents as well) should have been done differently. Each car raced 3 times on 3 different tracks, just in case one track was faster, or slower, than others. At the end of the 3 races, the computer would average the times to see who was the fastest. Ribbons were given out for the first heat, but not the 2nd or 3rd.

Christian got first place in the first heat and 11th over all. Zachary (raceing his daddy's car) got 3rd in his heat and 8th over all. Steve raced his car in the commander's race and his first heat he got 3rd place.

Neither of them won for best in show. Christian's car is a cantaloupe and Zachary's (a.k.a. Daddy's) is a nail with blood on the end. There were some that got trophies that were not very creative at all. How they won is beyond me. There was one car that looked like a sword (very cool!) and he got 2nd. I think he should have got first place. They wouldn't have liked me as a judge if they're picking cars with no originality to them.

There's a race in Springfield on the 11th against a bunch of churches in our district. We're planning on going so that Christian can race again.

The first picture is of Eliana before the race. You can tell she was real excited to be there. The second picture is of Christian holding his car and his awards. The third picture is of both cars and the awards (Zachary didn't want to get his picture taken). And the last picture is the side view of Christian's car so that you can see that it's a cantaloupe.






Maybe I should write on Christian's car...

"Eat my seeds"
3:15 PM :: ::
2 Comments:
  • A canteloupe? Haaaa-! That's too funny. I like it! Does it have a little light gree towards the edge like rind??? Maybe the judges didn't know what it was. I think it's awesome!

    By Blogger Land family, at 9:49 PM  
  • Yep, there's green. Then I should definitely write "Eat my seeds". Give them a better idea next time when he races.

    By Blogger RFamily, at 8:20 AM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

RFamily :: permalink