Shopping

23 January 2006
Normally, I'm not much into shopping. I feel guilty about spending money, but not today! I love a good deal! I got a wild idea to take my 3 kids, on my own, up to Lake of the Ozarks to the outlet mall.

First stop, Carters. The whole reason I wanted to go is because I had a coupon that expires on Wednesday and I wanted to use it. I ended up buying a couple outfits for our Youth pastor & family and a friend's baby boy, plus a dress, 3 bodysuits & 2 sleepers for Eliana. I used to like Carter's, but after the deal & variety of stop #2, there's a new favorite place to shop for kids clothes.

Second stop, Osh Kosh B'Gosh. This is where I got my best deals of the day at. I bought 2 skirts, 2 pairs of velour pants, 3 dresses, jumper, sweater, and long sleeve body suit. Normally this would have cost me $260, but today I saved a little over $180, spending (with tax) just $85!!! All but 2 things are 12 months and the other 2 are 18 months. And because they do not have a time limit to return things, if these clothes are too small, I can return them. As long as I keep my receipt...

3rd stop found us at The Children's Place and although they had an awesome sale going on as well (50% off the lowest ticketed price), I didn't get to take advantage of it like I did at OKBG. Eliana was starting to get fussy cause she wanted to eat and it wasn't very easy pushing a stroller around in there with the racks as close as they were. You would think with it being a CHILDREN'S clothing store, children might come in there in a stroller..anyway, I'm not here to complain. I was able to buy a couple pairs of footy pj (3T) for $4 and a couple other things. Total there, $23 and change.

Guess where I'm going Saturday. Yep, right back there. You see, after the accident, they said the car was a total, paid us for it, we got a new car less than what the check is for, so that gives us a little extra money. I'm thinking...you have extra money you weren't planning on having, I've never had a girl, so I don't have all kinds of girl clothes laying around, so I need to buy. What better time to buy than when they are on sale and such low prices? This time though, Steve will go with me and I'll be looking at boy clothes too.

What a great day!

On a side note...has it really been 6 weeks since my princess was born? If someone ever figures out a way to stop time...let me know. My babies are growing up way to fast for my likin'.
9:34 PM :: ::
1 Comments:
  • That's exciting. That is about the only time I like shopping as well, when you get such good deals like that.

    By Blogger Just Me, at 10:55 AM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

RFamily :: permalink