Our Weekend

30 January 2006
Friday night Sheila (a.k.a. Grandma Sheila) and Chris and their kids came over for dinner. We had yummy Chicken Tetrazini, except this time I used sweet Italian sausage in place of chicken. It's a good thing I made 2 9x13 pans of it! It was a hit. While the kids watched a Veggie Tales movie and played in the boys' room, us adults and the 13 year old gathered around the table to play Bible Trivia. The guys won, but we held our own! After the kids went to sleep, we played Worst Case Scenario (which none of us liked). The women won that game and then it was another game of Bible Trivia (guys won, but this time, we were 1 question away from beating them) and eating Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies and peanut M&Ms.

After getting to sleep about 1:30 am, we were up and out of the house for our 11 am appointment at a friends house for a photo shoot. She has her own studio at her house and as a baby shower gift, she gave me a free shoot with a free 8x10, plus a $50 gift certficate towards pictures. So, we spent a little over an hour there and then we headed back up to Lake of the Ozarks outlet malls to do some more shopping. This time at Osh Kosh B'Gosh, I saved $245 and some change! We got a few things for the boys, but mostly some stuff for Eliana. I love these sales!!! We went to a few other stores, but there's no need to bore you with those details.

Sunday of course was church day, but this day was a little different. We had our annual business meeting last night and I had to get up in front of the congregation and talk about Missionettes since I'm the coordinator. I'm also NOT a public speaker and I can't stand to be the center of attention. The worst of it, I was first!!! Steve said I didn't stutter, I sounded great and I even manage to make them laugh. Still, this is not something I plan on taking up! Also, I managed to lose my daughter twice, well actually 3 times. Once before the service, once during the morning service and again during the evening service. I got her back before the morning service, but Debbie (a.ka. adopted Nana--her grandaughter was born the same day as Eliana, but she lives in Minnesota) held her during the morning and evening service until Eliana was ready to eat and then we had to meet in the hall because we were sitting on different sides of the church. Yesterday morning, I about had a fight in the hall. I was talking to someone and this super sweet older man came up to me and pulled out his knife and was about to cut off Eliana's headband 'cause he think it squeezes her head to tight. Of course, we were just having fun, but I'm sure the visitors thought we were serious until we started laughing.

Sara, your mom was so cute last night. As soon as Steve put Eliana's car seat down on the seat, your mom and Debbie were right there and Debbie was ready to take off with her. Your mom got this sad look on her face and Debbie told her it was ok for your mom to hold her first. She held her for a while and told me "I can't wait until Sara has a baby."

I've been trying to add a picture, but for some reason, there's a problem, so that will have to wait.
10:26 AM :: ::
3 Comments:
  • Checking to see if you posted the picture. Can't wait to see the photos from this weekend, you are going to send them to me aren't you???? PPPPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEAAASSE

    By Blogger Just Me, at 4:25 PM  
  • I'll scan them to you, but we're not buying any photos except for us from this shoot.

    By Blogger RFamily, at 6:22 PM  
  • Yeah that is what I meant, e-mailing them. Thanks a ton.

    By Blogger Just Me, at 7:13 AM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

RFamily :: permalink