Life update

03 January 2006
Busy, busy, busy...that's how life has been! We got out of the hospital, went and got Christian's cast off, came home and laid down. Wow, that seems so long ago now. I don't remember a whole lot about our first weekend out of the hospital. I do remember that I did not go to church Sunday morning, but I did go Sunday night because we had our Christmas play. I wasn't going to miss my boys in the play! They did great and were so adorable in there donkey costumes.



That Monday, I had to take Eliana to the pediatrician. It's routine with this office, especially breast-fed babies. Our pediatrician couldn't get over how perfect Eliana was. She kept saying "she's perfect", "you're doing a great job", "she's perfect", "she's beautiful". Eliana had no jaundice and she even gained quite a bit of weight. We left the hospital on Thursday with her weighing 7 lbs. 4 oz. and on Monday she weighed 8 lbs. 3 oz. One would say she's quite the little piggy, but she actually eats less often than the boys did. She's on a great schedule, sleeps at night and spends quite a few hours awake during the day. One thing I can say about all 3 of my kids is that I'm blessed that they knew when it was day and night (therefore when it was time to sleep).


(Left: This is Eliana at 1 week and also what she wore to church on Christmas, minus the hat plus a really pretty red bow. Right: Christmas morning (13 days old) in the outfit from JCL and family. Thanks JCL!!)


Christmas came and went really fast. We had a shortened service at church, but stayed just as long after so that everyone could look at Eliana. Sara got to see her for the first time and won't get to see her again for quite some time. (Sara, I can't wait until you come back home! I sure do miss you around here!) My friend's husband held her (and then didn't want to give her up) and we were told that he doesn't hold babies very often. They both held Eliana, Christian fell off the pew and bumped his head, more friends came over, we chatted and then we had to go to a friend's house and check on the bunny since they were out of town for Christmas. We finally got home, took a couple pics and then we opened presents. I can honestly say that 1pm is the latest I've ever opened Christmas presents! Eliana slept through it all. I don't think she cared too much. The boys loved their presents and the fact that they had 2 "christmases".

My parents came into town on the 26th, bringing with them a bunch of presents. One of them was this outfit...just perfect!

My mom, me and Eliana...3 generations of ladies. Her royal majesty (that's what my mom calls herself), the queen (me) and the little princess.

When introducing her to her grandparents, this is what she had to say...



More to the update another time...I have 3 kids that need my attention right now...
6:56 PM :: ::
6 Comments:
  • Stephanie, she's very pretty! I see some Christian in the one with her eyes open. I've never seen a picture of your Mom before, I see where you get your dimples. :) Thanks for the update, are you healing okay from the incision? Hope all is well, and update when you can!

    By Blogger Land family, at 10:53 PM  
  • Beatiful pictures.

    By Blogger Just Me, at 7:51 AM  
  • oops spelled that wrong, beautiful pictures.

    By Blogger Just Me, at 8:02 AM  
  • Hey Richards family!!! Thanks for the update and the pictures. The boys look so handsome and I am LOVING the plush x-mas outfit on your pretty princess!

    By Blogger Seriousness Gone, at 8:57 AM  
  • Thank you very much. Jen, I'll email you.

    By Blogger RFamily, at 2:11 PM  
  • She sure is beautiful Steph. And the boys sure do look proud. Glad you guys had a good holiday season. Arent babies at Christmas the best?

    By Blogger Heather Noel, at 8:09 PM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

RFamily :: permalink