17 January 2006
Happy Birthday (for yesterday) and I hope a CONGRATULATIONS on the birth of your daughter Meghan! I can't wait to hear about the birth. You know your stories are always interesting!

We've barely been home the last couple days. Friday we were up at Fort Leonard Wood all day. Saturday we were getting the new car. Sunday of course is church and then the Power Force (formerly known as the Power Team) started their crusade. They were at it again last night, tonight and tomorrow night. They're also going to all 12 schools in the area, except for the high school. And then yesterday, we were in Springfield to get the license plate off the Kia and then Christian & I both got a pair of shoes. Nothing too exciting.

Now for the Power Force...These guys are amazing at what they can do. They are not wrestlers. They break stacks of bricks and wood with their hands (and in Caesars case, his head). Kathy broke them while they were on fire. They break wooden bats. Last night, John broke two of them, ducked taped together. Kathy bent a 1/2" thick steel pole, 3 times. She struggled, but she eventually got it! Casear and Kevin both broke hammers. And last night, John broke a pair of police issued handcuffs. Of course, this all is a tool to get sinners there so that they can hear the message of Jesus Christ and the power He has to break any "chain" in your life.

Now, for those who don't have any boys, let me just clue you in on something. I KNEW before the Power Force showed up that my boys were going to try what these guys do. So, what has my morning been like. All the blocks were in the kitchen, set up so that they could be "broken" and the boys could prove to me how "strong" they really are. I need to take my camera tonight so that you can see how massive these people are and to get my boys in action on the stage. Also, if this is the night where they're going to have my pastor on stage breaking bricks, I need to capture that on film!

Also, Steve got to see Eliana rolling over last night. He missed it the first time because he was at work. This morning, I put her on the floor for some tummy time, but I guess she wasn't in the mood becuase she flipped over, not once, but twice! She's definitely a determined little one!

Also, we like to decide what we're going to do with our tax money before we file. We don't have any car payments, we don't have all kinds of credit card debt so there's nothing to really "pay off" with the money. So, instead of taking money out of savings, we're going to use our tax money to rip up the carpet in the living room and put hard wood flooring down. Now to decide what kind I want is going to be the difficult decision.

Now it's time for school...
10:13 AM :: ::
1 Comments:
  • Hey Stephanie,
    Thanks so much for the birthday wishes! I wish I had the baby, but unfortunately after nearly 2 days of them trying to induce, nothing happened (I posted a little about it at my blogger). Over here they use a pill that cause contractions in the hopes that your ow body will pick it up and continue... mine did not. So I had a lot of pain and no dialation. Ah well, she is a stubborn little one!

    Once you pick the floor pattern, maybe you can take a picture and share?

    By Blogger Seriousness Gone, at 12:35 PM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

RFamily :: permalink