No baby yet...

04 December 2005
Meghan, I had not planned on doing daily updates, but if I get a chance, I'll try and find something to post about.

As for the hospital stay, it's normally one night. I'm looking at either Tuesday or Wednesday when I have her so I'd be home Wednesday or Thursday (Friday at the latest, depending on what time I have her). And of course, that's not a guarantee either! But, that does not mean I'll be getting straight on the computer to post the details! I'll just have to play it by ear and see how I'm feeling cause I don't want the boys to feel left out either.

I didn't post anything yesterday because we were in Springfield with friends all day, LOTS of walking around a very crowded mall. Did I ever mention that I don't like malls? Yes, I know, I'm not a "typical" female. The only reason we went there was because I had to pick up our family Christmas pictures and I had a coupon for Children's Place (which was a complete waste of time). Why do they have stores for children's clothing but not enough room for strollers? Also, why do maternity stores not make enough room in between racks/aisles so that the pregnant women can maneuver without trying to "suck it in", which is impossible with a baby in it??? The only thing I can think of is that the people who designed these things are either 1) male, never been pregnant so wouldn't know to expand the space for the expanding mom-to-be or 2) male, having never pushed or had the need to push a stroller.

My husband just called me a male basher *LOL* Sorry to all the guys who read this. I'm hormonal and I'm ready to not be pregnant anymore!

So, anyway, no baby, and I'm extremely tired and my feet are sore! Oh good news for me...I've only gained 30 pounds with her. Less than I gained with the boys.

Until next time...
1:41 PM :: ::
3 Comments:
  • No internet access??? You better have that baby before the 10th, I will have access til then. Thanks for the update :)

    By Blogger Just Me, at 6:11 PM  
  • Hopefully by the end of this week you'll be Mommy to 3. I know you are aware of the risk of uterine rupture with pitocin, so I guess you have no other options aside from a 2nd Csection? Just a warning if you end up with that 2nd, my first was cake and took 20 min. My 2nd was more painful and took 1 1/2 hrs due to all of the uterine scarring I had. So be aware in case it happens. Of course you know that the after birth pains get stronger with each child during breastfeeding? Good luck Steph. I can't wait to hear all about her. I wonder if she'll look like either brother or just look like herself! Hang in there-

    http://www.childbirth.org/articles/pit.html
    scroll down to alternatives to pitocin.

    By Blogger Land family, at 11:35 AM  
  • Thanks JCL. My doc won't induce because of the c-section and although I'm not going to have an I.V., I'm going to have a hep lock just to make him more comfortable. He wants to take any precautions, in case I end up back in the O.R. I've never wanted to be induced and will avoid pitocin at any cost.

    12 hours, 7 mins to D-day...I'll let you know! Thanks for the info.

    By Blogger RFamily, at 11:53 AM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

RFamily :: permalink