Doctor visit...

01 December 2005
Saw the doc...nothing exciting to report. I'm 1-2 cm, still thick, but soft and mushy. I go back on Tuesday and he's going to strip my membranes. He explained to me how and what that is and I'm telling you, I'm not looking forward to that! So, LOTS of prayer for this baby to come out before that day! Here's the other problem. I had a c-section with Zachary and I'm going to have a VBAC (vaginal birth after c-section) with this one. He won't induce me because of my c-section. Inducing can cause some problems, which we want to avoid. Also, with the weekend almost here, there could be a problem if I go into labor. It was a hypothetical, but always possible story that he told me...

If a freight train comes through and there's a massive accident and the O.R. team is in surgery and then I come along (previous c-section, doing VBAC), he said it could take me an hour to round up another O.R. team. He wants to have them in place "just in case" I have to have another c-section.

So, I'm still pregnant and still very much ready to be done with the pregnancy.


Other news...we have a banquest tonight SANS children! Maybe I'll be so relaxed that my water will break. Won't my friends love that? LOL
4:40 PM :: ::
3 Comments:
  • First I am so still loving your background.

    2nd, I will keep my fingers crossed that your water breaks during the week, like tonight or tomorrow.

    By Blogger Just Me, at 5:00 PM  
  • Hey again Stephanie. Just to let you know I had my membranes stripped with Sammi and it was not painful or uncomfortable for me at all. Additionally, it took seconds. Hopefully you will have the baby sooner, but if you don't, try not to worry about the membrane "thingy" it really isn't so bad. GOOD LUCK!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:38 AM  
  • Thanks Meghan, I hope it's not!

    By Blogger RFamily, at 9:00 AM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

RFamily :: permalink